What if you are injured and have permanent restrictions.

Do I have to try the job that Workers’ Compensation offers me?

You do if you want to increase the value of your settlement.

You need to see if you can perform the job.

If you cannot do the job, then you will have to return to your doctor and explain what keeps you from working the job.

This puts you in the position to argue the permanent restriction prevents you from your past job and the new job offered to you.

This means either that you cannot do any job or only a job that is even more restrictive.

You must make a good faith effort.

That means at least trying the job for a day.

Questions about your Work Comp settlement? Feel free to call Illinois Workers’ Compensation Attorney Dirk May at 309-827-4371.