Medical treatment for your work injury is very important.

How you are going to receive the treatment is sometimes a big question.

The first option is to ask the Workers’ Compensation insurance company to authorize you to see the doctor or to pay for the treatment recommended, such as surgery.

If the Work Comp insurance company will not pay for your treatment, then you can ask your group health insurance company to pay for the treatment.

Using your own health insurance is often the quickest method to get your surgery or other treatment.

If you do not have your own health insurance or a medical card, then you will have to force the Work Comp company to pay for the treatment.

This is done through having a trial, and having the Arbitrator order the insurance company to pay for your medical treatment.

Your doctor will have to testify that the work accident and your condition are related, and explain why you need the treatment.

It takes time to arrange for your doctor to testify, get the medical records and order the bills.

This is why it faster to have your own insurance pay for the treatment.

Ultimately, your group insurance will have to be repaid. This is done at the time of settlement or a future trial.

Questions about your Work Comp medical treatment? Feel free to contact Illinois Work Comp Lawyer Dirk May at 309-827-4371.