What do you do if you get a letter from the Workers’ Compensation insurance company that says they have denied your case.

Some insurance companies standard practice is to deny cases.

This results in savings for the insurance company because many people will go away after they receive the letter.

You need to show some persistence.

Get a workers’ compensation lawyer and file your application of claim. There are no upfront fees. You only pay if you win.

Keep going to your doctor for treatment.

Tell the doctor about your ongoing problems and how they relate to your work injury.

Send the bills to the insurance company for payment.

Have your lawyer set the case for trial.

Do not take no for an answer.

Remember that the denial letter is only the beginning.

If you were injured on the job and have a need for medical treatment, then you should move forward.

Putting the pressure on the insurance company will make them respond and focus on your case.

Questions about your Workers’ Compensation case? Feel free to contact Illinois Work Comp Attorney Dirk May at 309-827-4371.